Let’s say thanks in a way that allows us and others to return to that paradise in the north woods - forever! - Isabel Fonseca, Yaddo artist
- Isabel Fonseca, Yaddo artist
Yaddo’s great gift to writers and artists is well-orchestrated non-interference – a peaceful workspace, reprieve from responsibilities, unscheduled hours and weeks. I was surprised by an additional gift, just as well-orchestrated and longer lasting: the support and interest of new friends, other toilers in the dark, joined as we were, and as we all are, in a shared solitude. Those two things, the leaving alone and the bringing together, are the enchantment of Yaddo. Let’s say thanks in a way that allows us and others to return to that paradise in the north woods – forever!
– Isabel Fonseca, Yaddo artist
Individual giving is the single most important source of annual support for the residency program. There are a number of options for those who wishing to join us in encouraging creativity.
You can make a gift online today.
– Partners for Creativity is a membership program for individuals who wish to be engaged in the work of our artists, with gifts acknowledged through a series of benefits that include opportunities to meet former residents, specially arranged live performances, and books by Yaddo writers. Memberships start at $500. More information on our giving levels is available here.
– Sustainers Club is a monthly giving program granting Yaddo permission to charge a predetermined amount to your credit card account on a monthly basis. You will be charged the same amount each month around the same date of your initial donation until you cancel by contacting the Development Office at 518-584-0746.
– Our Planned Giving program is called the Trask Society, after our visionary founders. It is comprised of donors who have Yaddo into consideration in their financial planning. Options they have chosen include a bequest, charitable remainder trust or gift of tangible or real property, or naming Yaddo as a beneficiary in their retirement plan or insurance policy. Yaddo works with donors and their representative to structure individual planned gifts, which can offer substantial tax and estate benefits, particularly if funded though gifts of stock or real estate. There is no minimum bequest required. Restricted gifts can memorialize relatives or friends, or perpetuate donors’ names by endowing artists’ residencies and restoration of the historic estate.
If you have already named Yaddo in your will or if you would like additional information on providing for Yaddo’s future, you may do so by using the response card you can download here, or you may contact Lynn Farenell, Director of Annual Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org.